Thursday, June 12, 2014

My Battle with Moderation

I'm back on track with eating clean.  I have been so fed up with my all-or-nothing overindulgence.  I just had to put my foot down and make some changes.  So, here I am, in Day 11 of Whole 30.  I'm trying to be a little more middle-of-the-road this time.  I have eating some grains.  I have had alcohol.  I ate a cookie the other day.  But about 80-90% of the time, I'm eating whole, unprocessed foods.  I feel great!  

I was doing well with eating healthy, but once I started my yoga training and then got a puppy, I made excuses.  I was so busy that I lost my food prep time.  Or, should I say, I did not make time for food prep? The result was me eating things I hadn't eaten in years.  I was back to drive-thrus and panaderias.  

I gained a few pounds.  I didn't care so much about that.  The lack of discipline got to me though.  I just don't feel good about myself when I feel a lack of willpower.  I'm attempting to get that back.  So far, so good.  

Here are some of the good food choices I've made recently.

Kale Smoothie- my daily breakfast
Spinach Salad


Fruit and Nut Salad

Salad topped with grilled steak, chicken, pico de gallo, and guacamole

Avocado Salad at local restaurant

Salad with steak and chicken

1 comment: