I realized- after beating myself up a bit for my lack of running- that my goals have changed. I feel like I'm entering a new phase of my training. Running has just become something that I do, and it is still my favorite. In order to be better, I need to do some of these other things now too.
When I've run lately, it has been about finding peace and letting off steam. Because weather and obligations make it less accessible lately, I have savored every step of these Saturday long runs and soaked in all the beautiful scenery.
I'm no longer going to be able to run the half marathon that I have been training for because I will be out of town. (A vacation with my boyfriend or a local race? Vacation wins!!!) I'm going to continue doing the long runs on Saturdays and try to get out there when I can.
I have some other new and exciting challenges in the works. More on that later! Hint: I may need to revise the name of my blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment