Since I began running, I have prided myself on following plans to a T. (To some this is a wonderful quality of mine; to others, I need to be more spontaneous and "just do it.") I wanted to blog about the training to give advice to newbies about following a plan. But, two weeks complete and I am already 11 miles behind schedule! Do I tell the people in my running group doing their first half, "Do as I say, not as I do"?
I haven't followed a plan in months. I'm not sure if I'm not adhering to this one because I'm out of practice or if I'm just busy doing other things. I'm sure there is a life lesson here somewhere though. Life doesn't always go according to plan!
You can see my actual workouts under the "This Week's Training" page and read more about the speedwork in my previous post. I was not a slacker by any means, but I came up short on miles. My goal for week 3 is to hit the goal of 14 miles.
The good news is that I feel like my strength training is working. I'm gradually getting my pace back and I feel only little pain and stiffness. Hopefully by the time racing season starts, I will be 100%.

No comments:
Post a Comment